Thursday, June 5, 2014

Our Beach House

We're wrapping up a week in Kiawah Island, South Carolina with my whole family. It's hard to say what I've loved most about this place - the Spanish moss hanging from the tall oak trees, the short bike ride to the beach's boardwalk with my boys, or the naps on the oversized porch swing. But I can definitely say the house we are staying in is at the top of my list. I pulled some photos from VRBO.com to share with you. 


The main den is light and airy. A large sisal rug anchors the space, and prints from Kelly Wearstler, Quadrille and Kravet add pops of color. 


The kitchen overlooks the pool.The Grosvenor pendants from Visual Comfort have always been some of my favorite fixtures. 


The master is also light and airy, with a simple upholstered headboard and clean white bedding from Pine Cone Hill. Several of the furniture pieces are from well-priced Gabby Home



This is the bedroom we're staying in. Again, simple burlap headboard and white bedding, paired with bright prints from Quadrille. I love the clean roman shades finished with turquoise tape trim! 


Leighton and Benton were overjoyed when they claimed the bunk room. It's a little girly, finished in Lee Jofa's Lilly Pulitzer prints, but they don't seem to mind.  


The pool overlooks the marsh - we've seen white egrets, deer and even a bobcat across this fence. 


And finally, the screened in porch, which might be my favorite room in the whole house - especially that giant daybed suspended from the ceiling. The fabrics are Trina Turk's outdoor collection for Schumacher


Clearly this is going to be hard place to leave on Saturday! 










No comments:

Post a Comment