Thursday, November 14, 2013

Katherine Rally Textiles

I had some free time this morning and took a field trip to the new Laura Lee Clark showroom in Dallas. The space stocks a well-curated collection of antique and modern, as well as Visual Comfort Lighting and Niermann Weeks. I could have packed everything up and moved it to Harvard, but what really stopped me in my tracks were these Katherine Rally Textiles


The company is named after its owners Aspenites Katherine and Rally Dupps. When the economy hit the dust a few years ago, they packed up their two young kids and moved to Bali, where they were inspired them to create their own line of batiks. 


Rally draws patterns from his imagination by hand. A crafstman then creates a metal stamp from his sketches. At the workshop, the stamp is dipped in molten wax and applies to raw fabric by hand.


I can't decide which one of the bright whimsical prints is my favorite. They would make some amazing pillows to punch up a basic sofa. Can't wait to show this line to clients! 


No comments:

Post a Comment