Sunday, October 6, 2013

Inside My Office

I'm overdue to share photos from our remodel, so over the next few weeks I'll show you bits and pieces. First stop, the office. This space was our former "playroom", which was actually a long bedroom that spanned the upstairs front of our home. We cut the space in half and created a larger bedroom for Leighton and a much-needed work space for me. 



The bookcases are backed in grasscloth, and filled with some of my favorite reads, family photos and antique creamware. 




The mirror is a recent Round Top treasure - it's vintage gold LaBarge that's been covered in a light blue paint. Little bits of the original gold finish still peek through. 




It's a pretty complement against the airy light blue print from Hines that frames the windows. 



I refinished my old brown desk from Weir's in white lacquer, and made the bulletin board myself by hot-gluing four corkboards together and covering them in linen. The glass lamp is from Currey & Company and the chair is Ballard Designs. 



The hidden printer drawer is definitely a perk...




As is the gift wrap drawer....I obviously spend too much time on Pinterest, can you tell?! 




I LOVE the Martha Stewart Home Office Collection at Staples and these white faux shagreen boxes store my favorite fabric samples. The accordion files from KOLO work as catch-alls for the boys' schoolwork each year. I promise, I'm not type-A at all...


but I will admit, paying bills and returning e-mails are a little more fun these days!




No comments:

Post a Comment