Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Moved in, off to the mountains!

It's been a long time since my last post, but I have a real excuse. This past month, we wrapped up the remodel on our Harvard house and moved back in. Three days later, we packed up suitcases again - this time headed north to camp out in Colorado for a month. It was a crazy time. And I admit, I really didn't want to leave my "new" house so quickly. But being in the mountains with my boys has been the best medicine to cure the chaos.



In the midst of all of the packing, I forgot to take photos of our new space. But here's a little sneak peek at one of my favorite jobs, our new playroom. To save money, we recovered our existing sectional in "Sea Gull Bay" from Kravet Soleil. It's an indoor/outdoor fabric that should hold up well with little boys.


I made accent pillows for the couch out of Alan Campbell's quirky "Cap Ferrat" and "Petite Zig Zag" prints.






And for the dormer window seats, the cushions are made from this fun "Ziggurat" print from Schumacher. 



My favorite part of the playroom was a splurge - the walls are wallpapered in Alan Campbell's "Petite Zig Zag" to match the couch pillows. It is available in a wipeable vinyl finish so I don't have to worry about my boys ruining it. Petite Zig Zag is a small print and I was concerned it might be too busy for the small bathroom, but it turned out cute. 

Once I get home and unpacked AGAIN, I promise to snap some photos to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment