Saturday, December 1, 2012

Peek Inside a Pretty Home

Hello friends! Has everyone been as crazy as I've been with the holidays? I love this time of year but with it comes a little less time for blogging. So I apologize for my absence. Speaking of Christmas, we had our first party last night - the Armstrong Elementary (where my boys are students) first grade parents got together at the beautiful home of Christy and Ben Abbott. My sweet friend Stacy did a beautiful job planning the night, and homeowner Christy let me snap a few shots of her pretty house to share with you. 

Me, Stacy Mullikin, Allison Iresdale and April Young in front of the Abbotts' pretty silver and gold Christmas tree

This wasn't my first time inside - the home was featured on the Armstrong-Bradfield Holiday Home Tour last year, and it was by-far my favorite. I shamelessly toted around my camera all night. This is a glimpse of the study which is just off the front entrance. 



The den off the kitchen is finished in light colors. I love the seating arrangement. Christy loves minerals and has several custom lamps throughout her home, all which she created at Mineral Hunters in the Dallas Design District. 


The Abbott's breakfast nook off the kitchen...


and a pretty console sitting at the end of the downstairs hallway. The flowers in the home were all created by Dallas' very talented Lauren Renfrow with L Floral Design



Those who know me well know I'm a bath girl. I might never get out of the tub if I lived here! I love how she's used a cowhide rug instead of a traditional bath mat, too. 



Christy is so creative and did a lot of the design herself. Here she put a set of six bulletin boards from Ballard Designs together to make a large palette to hang her children's artwork in the playroom. 



Her son Bodie has such a great room - the industrial lights and vintage "b" sign are perfect for a little boy. 



Honestly, my photos don't do the home justice - there are so many beautiful finishes and details that are impossible to capture. This home was one of many pretty houses featured on last year's Armstrong-Bradfield Holiday Home Tour. Don't miss this year's tour which is 
this Friday, December 7th from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Click here to buy tickets! 






No comments:

Post a Comment