Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Shopping at Highgate House

Are you done with your Christmas shopping yet? I knocked most of mine out during Partner’s Card, which is a good thing because I won’t go near the crowds at NorthPark right now. Not even for my Neiman Marcus tortilla soup!


If you’ve still got some shopping to do, there’s a wonderful event this weekend at Highgate House, a beautiful antique store in the Design District, 1230 Dragon Street. The fun starts on Thursday night from 5 to 9 p.m., with food and shopping for goodies from Nellie’s Shortbread, Marsha’s Jewelry, Dewey’s Sugarcakes, Altercat Crosses, Sutton’s Seasoned Salt, EMYO art and notecards, Lizzie Perry art, and Write Design cups. Proceeds from the event – which runs through Saturday – benefit one of my favorite non-profits, Council for Life.

You probably should swing by and do a little shopping for yourself, anyway. Highgate House owners Dudley and Aimee Simms have achieved that perfect mix of traditional and contemporary in their recently-opened storefront on Dragon Street. The space is a sophisticated mix of European antique furniture and smalls gathered from trips abroad, paired with more contemporary paintings from artists like Memphis-based Emily Ozier and Dallas’ own Lizzie Perry and Charlotte Seifort.


And best of all, there’s ALWAYS parking on Dragon Street. Hope to see you Thursday night finishing off your list. Cheers!



3 comments:

  1. walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =D

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindley, I love your blog, and often check back to see if you've updated it. I also love to decorate, have an old home (around the same era as yours, mine was built in 1928), and have a young child, so cannot be too precious or delicate with the finishes and fabrics that I choose. You have great taste and a great flair for mixing styles and antiques that keeps the overall feeling young yet classic.

    I hope to find myself in Dallas in the near future so that I can come to your stall at the antiques market. Maybe an Ebay store for those of us who can't get to your store in person?

    Best, Janine Pelham, New York

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine - Thank you so much for the comment, it made my day! Your suggestion for an Ebay store has my wheels turning....I am going to look into it! Thanks for stopping by regularly! xo Lindley

    ReplyDelete