Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Leontine Look-alike

There are monograms. And then there are MONOGRAMS. If you've ever seen New Orleans-based Leontine Linens, you know what I'm talking about. Their modern marks put the simple script to shame.


I've had my eye on these Leontine dinner napkins - that's my Herend china pattern! But at $140 a piece, well, it just wasn't happening in this house.



So one night while hunting on One Kings Lane, I  found a set of white linen napkins with coral scallop trim. When they arrived, I took them to Madison, a beautiful gift store in Dallas' Highland Park Village. It's not Leontine, but their monogram styles are a close second in my book! 
And here they are. Madison did a beautiful job, and at a fraction of the price. I think this calls for a dinner party!



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous job. It certainly looks similar!!

    ReplyDelete