Saturday, September 3, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Nicole Groth

I met Dallas artist Nicole Groth last year, when we realized our little boys would be going to Kindergarten together. The mommy-of-three is one of the sweetest, most upbeat girls I know. Her contemporary still-life paintings are no exception. She's got a great eye for color - some of the canvases are bright and bold, while others are finished in soft, subtle shades. Don't they just make you feel happy? 











Nicole will be showing these works and more at our show at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday at my home, 3612 Harvard, in Dallas. Nicole can also be reached at nicole@gordoninvest.com if you're interested in one of her pieces. She also does commissions! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh guess what!!!?? Nicole's mother in law is one of my oldest, dearest friends ever! What a small world. I love her paintings and am so happy you have featured her. One day we just might meet, Lindley. Meanwhile keep posting about great design and great art!
    I am off to email and forward this post right her mom in law and my friend,
    Gretchen right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindley, I am sorry to say I will not be at Round Top this fall. I have an invitation to go to Maine during the week of Marburger and the Round Top show, and of course, cannot turn it down. I will miss being there, but the spring will be here before we know it!
    Hope your event goes well for Nicole, and I love that we found that connection. Thanks for your visit to hill country house and your kind words! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited about Celebrate Art TOMORROW! Hope to see lots of people enjoying the festivities and the art.

    ReplyDelete