Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shopping Scott Antique Market

My favorite antique show is Scott Antique Market in Atlanta. It's held every month inside the Atlanta Expo Center, and there's a huge selection at some of the best prices I've seen.


So last weekend, I grabbed good friend Karin and we escaped for a 24-hour girls trip. This was one of the first vignettes inside the door. How sweet are these antique children's chairs? Love the piles of weathered antique books, too. I picked up a few for my bookshelves.


We stopped to admire these lamps made from coral elements. These were pricey but would be easy to recreate with the help of a custom lamp maker. 


And then we spotted these - a tall pair of antique doors from France. I've been wanting some for my new den, and the creamy pale blue color of these would be perfect. But, I made myself walk away. After all, this is supposed to be a "business" trip! 


This little English folding table came home with me. I'm going to wax it up and put it in my shop. 


A table packed with reclaimed wood lamps with beautiful finishes. 


Karin stole this pair of twin headboards for her son George's room. They are going to be such a fun project. Just picture them painted red and recovered in a ticking stripe. She only paid $75 for the pair! 


When my "business" was done, I decided to reward myself with a little souvenir...


and a bottle of Pinot Gris and yummy dinner at the Horseradish Grill in Buckhead. 



Back at the hotel (please excuse the terrible lighting), we unpacked all of our treasures. Karin found this set of hand-painted family crests for George's room. She's also going to frame the tiny toy soldiers in a shadow box. 


Her daughter Reese is a jewelry nut, so she collected these cameos for her. She's going to frame them together, too. Such a cute idea. 


And here's a peek at a few things I've picked up for my booth. I hope to have everything in store this week. Swing by and take a peek! 



Lindley Arthur Antiques
Antique Row
5013 West Lovers Lane
Dallas, Texas 75209







1 comment:

  1. How much fun! I love it that you two took such a quick trip and had such success. I also love it that you got your doors! They are beautiful. I did not realize that your booth is at Antique Row. It makes me miss Dallas when I think about how I used to prowl around the different antique shops there. I had a space at Park Cities Antique Mall down the street - or it used to be down the street! I was also at The Mews when they first opened, 16 or 17 years ago! Great post - wish you much success in selling your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete