Monday, July 25, 2011

An Alabaster Lamp

I can't resist an antique alabaster lamp. The petite size, creamy color and delicate carving make them so pretty.



But what I love best is how fun these lamps are to dress up. Just pop on a new shade and finial, and they look modern and cool. Drew Barrymore agrees - here's a peek inside her office. The black shade updates her lamp mmediately! 

Matters of Style

Some have lots of carved detail, others are simple and plain. They also have interesting color variation - off white to brown, and even pink. 


Country Living

Here's another beautiful example of an alabaster lamp makeover. Don't those shades look amazing?



Decor Pad

I found this sweet alabaster lamp at Round Top, then reworked it with a linen shade, and an acrylic base and finial. It's in my shop now, although I admit, I am restraining myself from taking it home. 


That's the thing about these lamps - they just work in so many places (like my powder bath, kitchen, office...) But I'm going to be a good girl and sell it - $625 at Antique Row in Dallas. Message me and it can be yours! 




No comments:

Post a Comment