Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Spill Proof Seating

With two little boys, meals are pretty messy. 




Our last set of breakfast room chairs were splattered with a mix of marinara and maple syrup. I was way too embarrassed to attempt consigning them. Out to the alley they went! So with a CLEAN slate, I bought six ladder back chairs for $60 a pop (brownie points from Stroud!), then ordered this cute little bench from Lee. It's covered in a linen check from Charles Faudree's collection for Vervain




I assure you, I'm not completely crazy for choosing this fabric. I know, it's way too pale and pricey to be ruined by my messy monsters.So Moms, take note - what you can't see in the photo is that the fabric is coated in a super thin layer of vinyl - so spills just wipe right off! I had my fabric coated at Schneider Banks Fabric Finishing in Texas, but there are several companies who will do it for you. The layer is so thin so the fabric is totally pliable - you can even tuft cushions if you want to! 


To read more about SBI Fabric Finishing, click here















1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful idea, thanks for passing this along! So wonderful when you find stylish pieces that can work with a young family! Love that adorable pic of the boys being boys. :)

    ReplyDelete