Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sweet Dreams

We just wrapped up an estate sale at the University Park home of Lisa Whann (thank you, Lisa!) and I got a peek at her latest project, the bedroom for her three-year-old daughter. I have to admit, even though I LOVE being a mom to two sweet boys, I wouldn't mind having a daughter, really if anything just to decorate her bedroom! Lisa's designer Tracy Hardenburg did a great job, creating a room that works today for a three-year-old but will still be perfect in ten years for a teenager. 


So, here's a little tour. Isn't the bed dreamy? I love the combination of pink and orange. And can't you just imagine the sleepovers? The panels can be pulled closed all around the bed, perfect for making a fort. 




Here's a more detailed shot of the bed - beautiful monogrammed pillows and the pretty fabric. I forgot to ask Lisa about the art but it's the perfect complement. I prefer hanging "real art" in children's rooms - it keeps the space from feeling too juvenile, plus she'll love it when she gets older. 



The little acrylic table sits at the foot of the bed, and the small stool slips right underneath so it doesn't take up too much space. It's the perfect place to color or read a book. 



No detail was overlooked. Look at the window seat flanked by these sweet flower sconces. 


And here's her bulletin board custom made with pink ribbon Soon, I'm sure it will be covered with crafts from school. And someday, with Party Pics! 







No comments:

Post a Comment