Monday, April 4, 2011

Round Top, Round Two

Driving on I-35 is not one of my favorite activities, but I braved it twice in a week so I could catch both the opening of the fields and (my two favorites), Marburger Farm and the Big Red Barn. 

My cousin Laura and I left Dallas before sunrise on Tuesday and pulled into town right after the Marburger tents opened. This beautiful planter was one of the first things I saw when I walked inside. Of course, you can see it already has a red sold tag on it. You have to move fast at Marburger!


The dealers really make an effort to merchandise their booths. I love this pretty vignette. 


These antique whitewashed French doors almost came home with me. Seeing this picture makes me wish they had - they would look so perfect in my dining room hanging above a sideboard. 

This giant birdcage was also sold immediately. It is huge. I'm wondering where it's new home will be? I hope it's got some tall ceilings! 


One of my favorite stops is David Herron's European Lighting. He has a great selection and I always find a few things for my booth. This year, I bought this Spanish mirror for the shop.


Shopping Marburger is hard work, and we spotted this makeshift massage parlor behind the tents. Strange and scary, don't you think? We couldn't resist a picture! 


Instead, we ended our day at Manuel's with margaritas. Cheers! 


The next morning, we got in line at the Big Red Barn. It was freezing outside, but I'm so glad we got a spot early - we were the first in the door! 


I didn't stop to take pictures inside. If you've been to the Barn before, you can understand why. It was a stampede and I was on a mission! I'm happy to say that between the two of us, we managed to pack the car full of finds. 


I'm unpacking everything inside my booth this Thursday. Stop by and take a look!

Lindley Arthur Antiques
Antique Row
5013 West Lovers Lane
Dallas, Texas 75209 






1 comment:

  1. Hello, just found your blog and saw where you shopped at Marburger. I thought I'd let you know the bird cage's new home is at Patina Green in McKinney, not far from you. They have a blog and you can find it on my side bar. I'm at Zapp Hall each season. If you shop here, please stop in and say hello. Have a great Friday, Theresa

    ReplyDelete