Saturday, March 12, 2011

Exploring Dolly Johnson

My mom and I ventured to Fort Worth on Friday to check out the Dolly Johnson Antique and Art Show. The show's been around for 48 years, but just recently had a makeover with new, more modern vendors. 



It's a small show and just takes a couple hours to walk through. This was one of the first vignettes inside. Isn't that sunburst mirror gorgeous?? I wanted to snag it for the booth but the price was too high at $2,400. 



I've been on the hunt for vintage concrete fruit baskets, and the detail on this pair was wonderful. 


Look at this old Italian capital on the left. LOVE! It would be fabulous reinvented as a lamp or just simply displayed on a sideboard.  


The show had lots of vintage holiday, too. I love the milky glass on these vintage Easter eggs. 


Industrial continues to be a big trend. It's not for me, but I think if I was younger I'd want my whole college apartment done in stainless steel. How long do you think this look will stick around?


I also stumbled on some oddities, too. What do you think of these doll faces? I don't have any idea what they are but they definitely creep me out. 


Taxidermy cobra or snapping turtle anyone? 



I left with a couple smalls for my booth, but did leave behind two things I can't stop thinking about for me. For one, this 18th century Italian architectural piece. Not in the budget right now, unfortunately. But I think it would be perfect in my dining room hanging above a sideboard. 


And, this black English chinoiserie writing desk in Adele Kerr's booth. I think I'd use it as a bedside table, but really it could go anywhere. 



I walked away but did take Adele's card. Do you think she still has it? I might need to take it home, if so. Maybe it's meant to be!




1 comment:

  1. How fun! I wish I could have seen this show. What a range of elegant and funky/weird. Love the images you shared and I definitely think you need the architectural piece if you happen to find the means to buy it - it is exquisite. Thanks for the show tour!

    ReplyDelete