Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Picture This

I just finished pouring through the February 2011 issue of House Beautiful. I love the New York home designed by Gideon Mendelson, and this staircase landing is probably my favorite "room" in the whole house  -  I'm in love with this print collection from Matthias Weischer! 
Rows of framed prints hung on a wall can be boring, but take a closer look at this arrangement. Each framed print makes up a single large picture, just like a puzzle! 


I'm not sure how the designer achieved the look in this case, but I'm happy to share one of my favorite Round Top sources with you, who just happens to offer the same custom wall murals. Nostalgia Fine Art carries thousands of gorgeous antique prints, and can turn anything you see on the site into this:






So much more fun than stacked rows of boring botanicals, don't you think? 

2 comments:

  1. Love this source! Thank you so much. I think this issue of House Beautiful is so good- I can't even choose my favorite, but the image you chose is stunning with that carpet and the chair on the landing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the kitchen that he designed for the issue! I did, however, have to re-read the article because this landing and the kitchen,living, dining don't seem to go together, but they DO at the same time. Love the Round Top source for the botanical tiling, a great way to make botanicals more current! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete