Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home for the Holidays

My mom, sister  and I hosted a holiday tea last weekend for our sorority's alumnae group. The party was wonderful, but the real treat was the house - a clean-lined Mediterranean in University Park.

Hayley, Mom and me before the party got started. Next year I need to remember to hang a boxwood wreath over my Louis Philippe mirror - gorgeous! 

It happens to be the personal home of one of Dallas' best decorators (who will remain nameless). We can't thank her enough - the house was so pretty for our party, all decked out with seasonal greenery. Before the guests arrived, we wandered around and shamelessly snapped some pictures to share. 


This little vignette was right off the entry. Again, LOVE the mirror with the boxwood wreath. And look at those flowers against that blue and white. 

I had to take a close-up to show you this greenery with the tiny little pinecones. 


This round table is in the den. Again, flowers displayed in her collection of blue and white. 


A simple garland above the fireplace in the den. 



This kiva fireplace is in the breakfast room. I love the arrangement on the mantle, and the way the red tulips tie in with the stockings and pillows. The horns are a big trend right now, too. My mom just had Stroud bring her some back from his last hunting trip. 


How cute are these Christmas-themed chocolate molds in the kitchen? I collect animal molds for my kitchen, but the Christmas ones will be on my Round Top list this spring! 


Another Louis Philippe in the dining room surrounded by silver and Rose Medallion. 


Many of the arrangements incorporated fruit.


This vignette filled in dead space at the end of a hallway. It would have been easy to ignore this spot and leave it empty, but the homeowner gave it presence with the painting, little stool and topiaries. 

More blue and white, more seasonal fruit! 

 So I've got some notes for next year - and hopefully you do, too! Enjoy your families and have a wonderful holiday! 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this tour! Have a wonderful holiday sweet Lindley!

    ReplyDelete