Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Atlanta designer Barbara Westbrook

Suzanne Kasler might be Atlanta's most famous interior designer, but personally I'm partial to lesser known Barbara Westbrook. The two have a lot in common - both are Southern girls known for their soft, muted interiors, and their work runs the gamut from traditional to modern. But I think Barbara's work is a little more inviting - she creates a home you can really live in.



This dining room is a gorgeous shade of gray. And the antique buffet, gilt frames and seagrass rug add just the right amount of warmth. Love the gallery wall arrangement, too! 


There's something reassuring and comforting about symmetry. Barbara does it beautifully here. 


She clearly loves gallery walls as much as I do! This picture inspires me to start collecting simple etchings. The mix of frames and sizes keeps the arrangement interesting. 

Can I have this bedroom please? The colors are so peaceful. I would love to hide out here after a long day with my boys. 


Barbara hit the big time when this room landed on the cover of House Beautiful. Those blue shutters are fabulous! Now if we can just get her a Visual Comfort lighting collection or a new collection for Ballard Designs! 



No comments:

Post a Comment