Monday, October 18, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Melissa Payne Baker


My taste is traditional - except when it comes to art. I love the contrast of contemporary art against antiques. It keeps the interior fresh, young and interesting.




I just recently came across emerging Atlanta artist Melissa Payne Baker. She's represented at a handful of galleries in the Southeast, including one of my favorites, Atlanta's Huff Harrington Fine Art




Melissa is self taught, and known for her striking color and thick texture. Some of her paintings have stories behind them  but most evoke feelings personal to the viewer. Here are a few of works from her online gallery. Which one is your favorite?

"Gracieux I"

"Joyful Skies"

"Birds Nest I"

"Paysage I"

"Everlasting"






6 comments:

  1. Thank you Lindley! We share the passion for traditional interiors and contemporary art. I am so blessed to be a part of this wonderful design world. Yes, Huff Harrington Fine Art is a must see in Atlanta!! Fantastic art in a cozy house with friendly service, can't get better than that!
    Happy designing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindley, thank you so much for your kind words about our gallery and our sweet Melissa! She is a joy to work with and incredibly talented- the perfect combination for an artist! It's impossible to pick a favorite because she is constantly creating new and exciting work that we (and our clients) love!

    Best,

    Ann, Meg, Linda, & Sarah at Huff Harrington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindley! I was telling Lindsay Mayer that I'm OBSESSED with design blogs and she told me about yours! i just read every post and love it! Can't wait for future posts! :)

    - Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bird's nest is nice. I love the color. Especially the blue eggs. She does nice work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love hearing about new artists! Her work is beautiful and I would love to see one of these in my home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeannie, So happy you like the blog!! Thank you for reading!! xxoo Lindley

    ReplyDelete