Thursday, September 30, 2010

Round Top Recap Part II

After two trips to Round Top in a week, I'm officially shopped out (something that almost never happens)! My Round Top girls (cousin Laura and good friend Courtenay) and I headed south before sunrise on Tuesday and made it to our first stop, Marburger Farm, right when the show opened. The crowds can be a little overwhelming, so it helps to walk through again when the aisles empty later in the day. These oversized mercury glass bottles caught my eye on my second walk through.


One dealer made candlesticks out of concrete balustrades. I picked up this pair for my outdoor dining table. I can't wait to light them on a cool night and sit outside with a glass of wine! 


This booth has some of the most bizarre clothing - but it's always PACKED! The ladies at Marburger seem to love this stuff. I just don't get it. 


One of the interesting ensembles available inside.


After finishing up at Marburger and tromping through the fields, Laura, Courtenay and I finished our day with a relaxing dinner and wine under the shade of a huge oak tree. 


The next morning, we hit the show at the Big Red Barn. The Barn was my favorite stop this year. There were so many beautiful things, it was hard to decide what to leave with. I almost went home with one of these creamy French confit pots. 


But I couldn't resist these tiny Imari tea jars to mix in with my chinese-style china pattern. 


Here's Courtenay with her new treasure - an antique papier mache sewing box in perfect condition. It even came with the tiny pin cushion inside! It's going to look fabulous in her home. 


And of course, I had to get my kettle corn! The bag was almost polished off on the four-hour drive home. Luckily there was enough left for the boys to have their own "souvenir" from Mommy's trip. 


Here's a peek back into our packed car - the sign of a successful trip! It took a lot of creativity to get everything to fit inside. There wasn't an inch of space left. 


I unloaded all of my new treasures in my Antique Row booth this morning. Stop by soon to take a look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment