Friday, September 24, 2010

Round Top Recap Part I

I'm finally unpacked from my first trek of the week to Round Top. I made the trip on Tuesday with my mom and sister Hayley. This was the first time we have gone early - right as the dealers are pulling in and unloading their trucks. Going twice in a week might seem exhausting, but the extra effort was worth it for the selection and prices. And we didn't have to fight the crowds - just the occasional decorator, picker or Marburger Farm dealer. 


The dealer opened this box filled with Italian fragments and it was emptied within five minutes. I bought a few to display on Lucite stands. 


A shelf packed with gorgeous vellum books. 


We loved these antique glass bottles - I'd like to buy a few to use as hurricanes or for fresh cut flowers. 


Round Top offers something for everyone. Taxidermy alligator or ostrich, anyone? 



(I couldn't resist posting this picture of my mom and sister with the infamous alligator. We had to take it for Leighton. Don't worry, I didn't bring the gator home!)




We stopped to admire this simple arrangement of coral hung artfully on a wall. 


One of my favorite dealers is Herron Lighting at Old Henry Farm. I snagged a vintage sunburst mirror for my booth and a carved chandelier from Belgium for Leighton's big boy room. 


I'm heading back again on Tuesday for the shows at Marburger Farm and the Big Red Barn. I wonder what I'll find besides my kettle corn?



2 comments:

  1. I hear so much about Round Top, but have never been! Looks like you all were doing well finding treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Vellum books! It is so fun to see all of the treasures you found there, and looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete